Fish for a 90 gal reef

I

ivanfj

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe 90 is 4 feet long right??? Tangs usually like to have more swimming room then that. If you really wanna keep tangs, I would say just keep one of the two. Longnose hawkfish might eat your shrimps if you are planning to have any. They may or they may not. I always like hawkfish though but it's between a choice of keeping a hawkfish or keeping some shrimps.

krunk

The only problem I see is the blue tang....they grow up to 13"...take out the blue tang and then your good.

mysticgal22

I have 2 tangs in my tank, a yellow tang and a blue tang. They get along great. They dont look anything alike so Im sure this helps. I also have to angels together with no problems. They all have plenty of room to swim in my tank. I would say that it would be fine.

krishj39

Safest decision is to add only one of the tangs. I believe you will likely have success with one tang in your 90g, especially with the yellow tang. However, 2 tangs is really pushing it. Also, 8 fish in the tank, with 2 of them being large fish (the tangs) will really stretch the biological filtration your tank can handle. Could you get both and have a chance they will be fine in the tank? Yes, but it is a risk. I wouldn't go so strong as to say you CAN'T go with the list exactly as you have written, but I'd RECOMMEND not getting the blue tang.