fish for frag tank

mikev

looking for a small algea eating fish for frag tank . thinking about a lawnmower blenny. pros / cons ?

grumpygils

Originally Posted by mikev
looking for a small algea eating fish for frag tank . thinking about a lawnmower blenny. pros / cons ?

How big is the frag tank? I just added a mandrin today and have a yellow tang and three bangii in 100g frag.
Mc

grumpygils

hey mike, its a 20 long.
Maybe a little yellow goby. I love mine in my nano and he can't be over one inch. Blenny might be tough in that small of a tank. He could run out of stuff to eat if he doesn't eat frozen.
Mc

grumpygils

i need to come see you again so i can fill this new tank.
Cmon! Once you go frag, you never go back!
Mc

grumpygils

No, I have to look up the name unless some one knows it. It is a little bright yellow goby type with no spots. Maybe a lemon peel? Way tiny but great personality. Let me look. I am a coral guy and not that fish knowledgeable.
Mc

grumpygils

cool little fish. swf.com says it eats live brine and plankton, i need a herbavour.
Mine just eats mysis....hmmmmmm a herbivore will be hard in a 20 because it should run out of food. I think feeding in a frag tank helps with the corals too.
Mc

mikev

Originally Posted by grumpygils
Mine just eats mysis....hmmmmmm a herbivore will be hard in a 20 because it should run out of food. I think feeding in a frag tank helps with the corals too.
Mc
that makes sense. did you get your goby local? might have to pick one up when i come to see you .

renogaw

in a frag tank i usually only see tomini tangs and sixline wrasses. in a 20, i wouldn't suggest the tang though.