Fish for Thanksgiving

doodle1800

I need some suggestions for my next fish to buy before this coming Thanksgiving, when all my relatives come over for dinner. They've never seen my tank and I'd like one more fish in there to look at.
Here's what I have so far - 55 gal btw.
Purple Firefish
pink/red Firefish
yellowtail damsel
Yellow Tang
orange spot goby (bottom dweller)
tank has been set up about 6 months
have plenty of LR, zoos, shrooms, a few dusters, green stars.
arrow crab, some emeralds and hermits
(no comments on tang in a 55 please :D )
thanks everyone in advance..

cnlight

A tomato clown would be ok, I was thinking something different, maybe you could do a type of dottyback, maybe a fridmani or a neon. That would be really colorful. A type of hawkfish would be fun, but I would be cautious with them with small shrimp. It would definatly be a conversation piece with the relatives, a red fish that scoots on the ground. ;)

doodle1800

Hawkfish sounds good... maybe - I'll check them out tomorrow. My LFS guy suggested a 6 line Wrasse. I'll do some reading on both of these.

lesleybird

I don't know, but you better get it soon if you will have it out of quarintine by Thanksgiving! Lesley

dragracer

I have never had luck with a Pajama Cardinal. Its the only fish that for some reason I can't keep!! Well out of all the fish I've tried anyway. After 3, I just said no more.

aarone

I think you should try a nice halibut with a creamy garlic sauce. You can sautee some scallops in a lemon zest vinaigrette. MMMM never had fish for thanks giving but im sure the natves and pilgrims did. ;) ...oh you meant for the tank!
I personally would go with a flame hawk. If you want people to say "oooohhh wow, this fish is so cool, he is staring at us," then get him! either that or a 6 line (no staring there).
aaron

flamehawk

Flamehawk has great personality and is quite hardy. Gets my vote. When counting water displacement your tank is already on the edge especially with the tang. As such if you must have the flamehawk it s/b your last fish.
Happy Turkey day!