Fish frustration

mylady

About a month ago we asked out LFS to order a one spot blenny. They have had one in there before, which is how I came to really like this particular fish. They said they would order it and it would be in the next week. Now, I know there have been a few snow storms, but it has been a month, they have gotten orders in but not my one spot. HUbby called again today as they get their deliveries on Thursdays and was given the run around and told me he didn't think they had actually ordered it or were going to. So I'm pretty frustrated that a) we were told they would order it, no problem and b) we can't seem to now get a straight answer from them about it. If they found they couldn't get it from their supplier, fine, just be up front and tell me. I would understand, but don;t stammer and himj and haw and double talk and avoid the question.
So now we are on the hunt for my blenny on line. It's a harder fish to find, which is why I would have totally understood if they couldn't get one in. It's not a red spot or a tail spot, it's a one spot. To me, they look like Falcor from Never Ending Story. So hubby did find a couple places on line that had them, but I don't think they are from anywhere we have used or heard about before so we're a bit nervous about it. The one wouldn't give any info on the price of shipping up front.
Just venting I guess. I want my little Falcor guy swimming in the tank.

gemmy

http://www.***************.com/images/products/Fish/large/000227_Crossosalarias_macrospilus.jpg Is this the fish?

btldreef

If you can find the scientific name, PM me. I have a guy that has never let me down on getting a fish in for me, and I've asked for some rare stuff.

1snapple

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTLDreef http:///forum/thread/383991/fish-frustration#post_3362070
If you can find the scientific name, PM me. I have a guy that has never let me down on getting a fish in for me, and I've asked for some rare stuff.
I will remember this BTLD.
I occasionally have issues finding fish.
My LFS said they would get a yellow clown goby 2 weeks ago, that they would give me a call and let me know when their shipment came in.
Went in a couple days ago, tons of new fish, I got no phone call, but no clown goby so i wasn't to frustrated.

monsinour

over in 'ask swf.com' is all the info about the fish you need. We are surely hoping that swf.com can get this fish. I want to order from here in the worst way. All the rave reviews I have heard make me want to order something, anything from here. Oh yea, there is that reef rewards points that need to be cashed in too, LOL.
And yea, that pic is a type of one spot. If I am not mistaken that is from the phillipenes (spel?) and not from Fiji.

spanko

One spot blenny because of the spot ahead of the dorsal fin. Crossosalarias macrospilus.

btldreef

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Snapple http:///forum/thread/383991/fish-frustration#post_3362079
I will remember this BTLD.
I occasionally have issues finding fish.
My LFS said they would get a yellow clown goby 2 weeks ago, that they would give me a call and let me know when their shipment came in.
Went in a couple days ago, tons of new fish, I got no phone call, but no clown goby so i wasn't to frustrated.
Unfortunately, you live too far, he won't ship out to you. MyLady and Monisinour don't live that far from me so I could have brought them the fish if my guy got it.
If there's a fish you can't get, call SWF and speak with them directly, they're very helpful

monsinour

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTLDreef http:///forum/thread/383991/fish-frustration#post_3362109
Unfortunately, you live too far, he won't ship out to you. MyLady and Monisinour don't live that far from me so I could have brought them the fish if my guy got it.
If there's a fish you can't get, call SWF and speak with them directly, they're very helpful
Those pics are correct and display the philipene (spel agin) version and not the fiji version. The difference is just the color of the smaller spots. Red vs Green I believe.
As far as calling swf.com, I thought that is what the "ask swf.com" forum was for. I know that if I get on the phone, the urge to place an order might overcome me and I will get stuff without getting the missus her fishy. That would be bad.

btldreef

Those pics are correct and display the philipene (spel agin) version and not the fiji version.  The difference is just the color of the smaller spots.  Red vs Green I believe.

As far as calling swf.com, I thought that is what the "ask swf.com" forum was for.  I know that if I get on the phone, the urge to place an order might overcome me and I will get stuff without getting the missus her fishy.  That would be bad.
I was actually telling Snapple to call, not you. Calling is usually easier in that you'll get a quicker response, but I totally get the "urge" issue as well, lol