Fish in a bucket

michaud65

Can I keep my fish and corals in a bucket overnight while everything from my upgrade levels out? Should I do anything for them if they can stay in there?

reefkprz

Originally Posted by Michaud65
Can I keep my fish and corals in a bucket overnight while everything from my upgrade levels out? Should I do anything for them if they can stay in there?
yes you can.
heat, a small power head, dont feed, point the powerhead UP for aeration as well as so you dont cause a whirlpool affect.
how are your frags?

scsinet

One very important point... don't use too large of a heater. I used a 200w heater in a 5g bucket once and the temperature got up to 120 (luckily it was just water change water). I thought it was the heater so I grabbed a 250 next time and had and the same problem happen again, so I know it's not the heaters.
All I can figure is that heaters that are really really oversized heat the water faster than the thermostats can respond.
Something in the 25-50w range would be best.

michaud65

Thanks everyone! They seem to be fine in the bucket so that is where they will stay for the night. My frags are doing great Erik. I can't believe how big everything is getting. Hopefully they will just get through this upgrade and hopefully the new lighting will help too. Thanks again for all your help! Amy