Fish In Reef Tank???

I have a 55g reef with lr and dsb...right now I have some cleaner shrimp, scarlet hermits, mexican turbo snails, and for fish I have a Scopas Tang and Cinnamon Clown...I was think about 1 or 2 more fish...could anyone tell my what direction I may need to go in...I was thinking more along the lines of another clown and maybe a dwarf angel when my tank is about 6 to 7 months old...if any could please give me their two cents worth it sure would help...
My thoughts and prayers go out to all involved in the World Trade Center disaster!!! :(

joetst2

Yellow Tang, Kole Tang, Dragon Goby.... These are fish I have in my tank, but I am just stocking it myself. I will watch for other suggestions, but wanted to give a start to the list.

flydan

Hey,
Tangs will not do well in a 55gal tank. They need more room to swim around. I really wanted one of those too, but I can't have one.
Six-line wrasse would be nice as would a coral beauty or flame angel. Lawnmower Blennie is fun to watch but not very colorful so it's a personal choice. I love my Bangaii Cardinal.
HTH,
Dan'l :D

burnnspy

I'm partial to schooling fish myself, so I chose Green chromis and they will eat anything.
Bangii Cardinal is good too but should be kept solitary except in larget tanks.
A 55gal tank is too small for a tang as FlyDan pointed out.
BurnNSpy

dhe420

I would have to disagree with both of you :) I have a baby sailfin tang and a kole tang in my 58 reef. They dont fight and i diont feel that they will out grow this tank. Just my opinion, so take it with a grain of salt. I also have 8 fish in a 58 gallon reef, and people think i am crazy. I have tons of sps's, and lps,s and all are very happy :D

burnnspy

Reef Angelfish may eat your corals, I don't recommend them for that reason although each angel has its own feeding habits.
I do keep all schooling fish to odd numbers, good point. Reefs look more natural with at least one type of schooling fish, that is my experience as a scuba diver and reef keeper.
BurnNSpy

mal

I have a marine betta (comet) in my reef. He is by far my favorite fish. He doesn't bother anything. He comes to the front of the tank and waits in a vertical position at chow time. He loves silversides and small, whole krill. Awesome fish!!!

Thanks for the help guys...right now I added a scooter bleenie to my tank and he seems to be doing relatively well...he gets along with my tang and clown fine...although I did have a loss of my other tang...my clown tang got destroyed by one of my huge hermits...so bye bye hermit...back to the blennie...anyone care to share any interesting blennie stories...I think it is great and could watch it for hours!!! :)

I have two tangs in my tank and they are great but I do plan on putting them in a larger tank. I also have a Coral beauty that I love it is a awesome looking fish and is fun to look at. :D

bluewater

I have a barnacle blenny in my tank. It rocks!
The thing just sits in it's hole
all day peeping his head out. Once feeding
time comes around, or something floats by him
which he can eat, he'll shoot out his hole
and return to it like a bullet.