Fish list: Add in what order

azaintcold

I have a 150 thats going to be a primarily sps reef.
The fish I have in mind are as follows:
2 percula clowns
royal gramma
powder blue tang
purple tang
goby
My question is as follows: what order should I introduce these fish into the system in your opinion?
Thanks

spanko

target least agressive to most agressive so:
Goby
Blue Tang
And then I would probably go clowns
And then the gramma.
And lastly the purple tang
JMO I will be watching to see what others think.

baloo6969

spankies got the best idea IMO, if you were going with diff clowns, i would flip flop the gramma with them...but this is probably the best bet.

renogaw

probably a toss up on the hippo and the clown.
since the clowns are easier fish to deal with, i'd probably suggest those first and foremost to get used to having fish.

spanko

Good point Renogaw. If you are new to saltwater azaintcold I agree with him. Switch the Blue tang and Clownfish additions to get some experience under your belt. Also remember that tangs are Ich magnets when stressed, so be very diligent in your QT and acclimation.

azaintcold

Good input everyone. I'm confident with my skills and research and understand how easily the tangs can be stressed. I do have a QT, etc, etc.
I think the powder blue would be better to put in before the clowns mainly so he doesn't get picked on by the clowns with their established territory. Good call here people.

azaintcold

What about this though: Don't tangs usually work out better in well established tanks? I have 150 lbs. + of LR. Would this in combination with algae sheets etc. work fine?

lesleybird

Hi, I would add the goby and the royal gramma together first as they are the smallest and least agressive and need to settle in and feel safe before any bigger fish are placed. Then the pair of clowns together for step two with there being one noticably larger than the other or already paired. Then add the two tangs together last.... have read on several places that tangs should always be introduced at the same time to get along as if one is there first the other tang is comming into his territory and there will be agression from the first tang the tank. Also, the two tangs should be in the same size range so that one does not bully the other. This is what I would do.
Lesley

spanko

Maybe I need to do some more reading, but I thought that the royal grammas got to be pretty nasty little fish after getting situated in their tank. Also I remember about adding the tangs together and of the same size at the same time but I think it has something to do with them having the same body "style" being agressive towards each other. The blue and purple have different body styles and I think can be added seperatly.
Could be wrong, gonna read some more on this so for now JMO FWIW.