Fish list

i<3fish

Hey, since I am getting my 180g soon, I am starting to think of my livestock. Now please note that these are in no order as to which I add first. Also, I know that I need to let my tank mature for a few more months for the Tangs/all other fish. I am asking what you think of this list... Thanks!
Sohal Tang
Powder Blue Tang
Blonde Naso Tang
Queen Angel
Emperor Angel
Harlequin Tusk
Dogface Puffer
Zebra Moray Eel
Thanks for any suggestions in advance!
*AND AGAIN... I REALIZE I CANT ADD THEM ALL RIGHT AWAY. I HAVE HAD MY 55G FOR AWHILE NOW... SO I WONT HAVE TO WAIT TOO MUCH LONGER FOR IT TO MATURE.

i<3fish

I heard that as long as they are from a different genus or something like that... then they will be fine.

jon321

Yes, in theory an emperor and queen should be compatible since they are from different genus.
Jon

lion_crazz

The only problem I have is the 2 angels in a 180. I don't see it lasting once the two fish become adults. There are always exceptions, but I think you will run into some fighting. I think you would be okay bioload wise if you took one angel out. With the 2 angels, you are pushing it, in my opinion.

travis89

Originally Posted by lion_crazz
The only problem I have is the 2 angels in a 180. I don't see it lasting once the two fish become adults. There are always exceptions, but I think you will run into some fighting. I think you would be okay bioload wise if you took one angel out. With the 2 angels, you are pushing it, in my opinion.
I agree with this I would go with just one angel.

rara12

i work at a lfs and we have a full sized queen and an almost aldult emperor and the swim together like one big game of follow the leader. and from what i have herd sohol tangs can be mean and hard to keep.

i<3fish

I heard Sohals are easy, just really aggresive. Also, how big is that full grown Queen? Do you have any pics? I was thinking of getting a Regal Angel instead of one... but I heard they are the hardest Angel to keep. I would also add the Sohal last, so he will be the smallest and last fish added. I will make surethat he is alot smaller... so he can learn to live with his tankmates. Do you think I should ditch the Sohal? I really wanted one ALOT, but if he is going to be alot of trouble... then I dont really know.
Do you think I could add a Longhorned Cowfish, or is that a really bad idea with the Sohal and large Angels...?

flamehawk

tank not big enough for adult size of all those fish. I would not add the sohal....had one....very agressive as they get older and really stress out tankmates. Would also agree and add only 1 angel. Good luck.

i<3fish

Man, I really wanted the Sohal. Do you think there is any way to make him not so aggresive? Maybe add him last and when he is really small? Also, I am wondering whats so bad about 2 Angels. Is it because they will fight?

lion_crazz

the two angels will fight and they will get way too large to sustain two of them. Like I said, the sohal will be possible in my opinion, and I definitely would make that the last fish added.

i<3fish

Originally Posted by lion_crazz
the two angels will fight and they will get way too large to sustain two of them. Like I said, the sohal will be possible in my opinion, and I definitely would make that the last fish added.
But they are from a different genus each. So they shouldnt fight. But also, they will get big... you dont think that they will be able to live when they are adults? Then which would you suggest? I REALLY love the Queen. But I want one that wont hide all day. That is if I cant have them both.