Fish needing certain size tanks? My story...

sladem

you dont have to be an asshole. thanks.
i posted my opinion and took it without complaining...i told my story and i expected reactions like yours, hence where i said, I KNOW I WILL GET FLAMED, but you got butthurt when i said i had a fish that was in perfect health in a tank that is 'too small' and you started defending the fish. Then you attacked me by saying no one knew i was trading fish, and not keeping them for a lifetime, when i clearly stated that every fish that didnt meet the requirements of your, and many other peoples, tank size was traded after they got too big. I love having fish and i think they are great, but attacking me over a fish is pointless man. Youve probably spent thousands of dollars on this hobby, and I havent and never will. If you're getting that torn up over my story, go away, dont read it. Its my story, my own account of what happened with me, and if it really gets to you and bums you out that my fish doesnt have as much room as you feel necessary, you are the one who needs to grow a thicker skin.

flower

Originally Posted by sLadeM
http:///forum/post/3281589
I do know a lot about the tanks, i just dont agree with a lot of size regulations that people live and die by.
and i cant get a bigger tank because i live in a 2nd story apt, and the weight limit for a tank is 750lbs, and with my sump and everything Im already WAY over that, and they have asked me about it a bunch of times, and told me not to get a bigger one because it would be too obvious its over the weight limit and they would have to warn me or ask me to leave

Oh boy do I understand. I had to get renters insurance just to make the landlord feel okay with my tank and it was only a 55g. Now I rent a house and made sure it was understood I have a large tank or I would look elsewhere for residence. I also lived in a Mobile home and braced up the floor where the tank rests.
As with any pet…make sure it’s okay because moving is no easy thing if you do it on your own and break the lease. I don’t rent if I can’t keep my dogs, parrot or fish…I make sure it is in the lease. I would never try and sneak anything past the owner.

flower

http:///forum/post/3281637
i posted my opinion and took it without complaining...i told my story and i expected reactions like yours, hence where i said, I KNOW I WILL GET FLAMED, but you got butthurt when i said i had a fish that was in perfect health in a tank that is 'too small' and you started defending the fish. Then you attacked me by saying no one knew i was trading fish, and not keeping them for a lifetime, when i clearly stated that every fish that didnt meet the requirements of your, and many other peoples, tank size was traded after they got too big. I love having fish and i think they are great, but attacking me over a fish is pointless man. Youve probably spent thousands of dollars on this hobby, and I havent and never will. If you're getting that torn up over my story, go away, dont read it. Its my story, my own account of what happened with me, and if it really gets to you and bums you out that my fish doesnt have as much room as you feel necessary, you are the one who needs to grow a thicker skin.

People use nasty language because they are too uneducated to use bigger better words…Using such language belittles you not the other person. You have no reason to get that angry...

srfisher17

http:///forum/post/3281637
Huh?