Fish online?

billy2k1

I'm surfing the net looking for different alternatives and places to buy fish and i found a couple of places that sell fish online.Is that safe?,do the arrive alive?,by mail? :notsure: :notsure:

hermitkrab

I ordered almost all my livestock off the internet. Everything is still alive and arrived perfect. It is better than most lfs. This site is very good.

pbienkiewi

I have bought coral off E B-ig auction. They rip you off on shipping. I am not please with the sellers on that site. Personally I have refered this site and love this site..
A++ :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: to them

fishmamma

IMO there are advantages and disadvantages to both LFS and on-line buying. At a LFS you can see and pick out your stock but are limited to what is in the store. On-line you have access to many species but buy them sight unseen (as in size and condition). I have ordered twice from this site- the first time everyone arrived healthy and strong. The second order I lost 2 out of 3 fish. One on the first day, and the second was obviously not doing well from day one and died the day after the guarantee ended. I have been very satisfied with all coral orders from this site.

nater

I have also resorted to online ordering for both livestock and dry goods--there is NO selection w/ my lfs. Ordered some fish and lots of inverts from this site--very satisfied with everything.
As far as livestock goes, your lfs gets everything shipped, so I look at ordering stuff as one less stressful acclimation your livestock will go through.
I do think that it's best to order when temps are pretty close to what your tank is--the dead of winter or the hottest part of summer is to be avoided, IMO.
nate

littleliza

I ordered from here and I had a shrimp and a brittle star both arrive deceased (and decomposing)
but the rest of my order was healthy, and after packing the bodies in individual baggies and salt and freezing them and then sending them back they sent me codes to use to replace said dead critters when next I order here.

sweetfish

Originally Posted by Littleliza
I ordered from here and I had a shrimp and a brittle star both arrive deceased (and decomposing)
but the rest of my order was healthy, and after packing the bodies in individual baggies and salt and freezing them and then sending them back they sent me codes to use to replace said dead critters when next I order here.

Did you have to pay for the shipping on your return? Also, did they require you to salt and freeze them? Not sure, but I thought with all the positive responses on O/L ordering I may try it, but if I need to return something I was just curious about how much a hassle it is. Thanks.

mikeyjer

Originally Posted by SweetFish
Did you have to pay for the shipping on your return? Also, did they require you to salt and freeze them? Not sure, but I thought with all the positive responses on O/L ordering I may try it, but if I need to return something I was just curious about how much a hassle it is. Thanks.
Go into the 6 day guarantee thing here on the left and read up on it, it will tell you the procedure to do so. I bought a Naso Tang and 3 Heniochus Butterfly, all arrived live and healthy. I'm very pleased with this site and will order again. Sometimes it just happens that they don't survive through the shipping. My LFS however has a LARGE selection on both fresh and saltwater fish. But the prices here beats theirs big time on some stuff, but my LFS beats the prices here on some, vise versa. I have saved around $60 all together to buy it here then my LFS. :happyfish