FISH ONLY Questions galore?

chris200058

I have a 125 gal FO tank I have some Fake Rock structures currently with plans of putting LR in it
Does anyone have any suggestions on how much Rock I should put in my FO tank? Do I need both Base rock and Sump Rock and Shelf rock?
I am confused on what I should order over the internet I found great prices both at SWF.com and aquacon.com. The only thing is I don't understand what the difference between the types are?
What fish can go with some LR?
What cleaners can I get?
Can I put starfish, crabs and puffers and lionfish and angels together?
What about shrimp?
My girlfriend and I are starting brand new with a 125 gallon tank we currently have 3 Dominoe Damsels in it for starting the biological filtration. What are some cool starter fish you would reccomend?
She wants PRETTY fish although I don't really care?
I just want it to look great after its all set up.

terrence

Buy yourselves a book that not only identifies the fish but tells you how large they will grow, what they eat and how compatable they are in community tanks. This way you'll avoid buying expensive 'pretty' fish that become a 'pretty good' dinner!!! I'm sure everyone will agree....the more you study BEFORE you act....the better things will go!! BE PATIENT!!!!!!!!

killafins

that or u can just type a few fish you are asking about and see what we come up with. If not the new marine aquarium is a good book. i think that's what its called but first just type some names of fish and see what we think.:p

chris200058

I have purchased 2 books they are Marine fishes and Marine aquarists. They have started me in the process.
A few of the fish that we (that is me and my GF) have selected as what we would like are:
Chocolate chip starfish,
Gold striped moroon Clown,
Mandarin Goby,
Panther Grouper,
Blue-yellow tail Tang,
Harlequin Tusk (Wrasse).
and some other algae type crustatiens
Will these work I plan on purchasing some LR over the next week or so?
Then after the cycling is finished I plan on adding fish.
What order should I purchase the fish above?

"The Conscientious Marine Aquarist" by Robert M. Fenner is a good book for saltwater fish.
Depending on who you talk to, you should have 1-2 pounds of live rock per gallon.
Don't use starter fish use grocery store shrimp to cycle your tank.