Fish pics...

nm reef

...thought I'd post a few of my current inhabitants. This is the most recent fish pic I have...just took it a few minutes ago. Seems this guy always poses for the camera.

nm reef

This is my manderian...."jimi"... I patiently waited nearly a year before adding him and the wait was well worth it. Since day one hes been on the move searching for pods and sometimes feeds on cyclopeeze.

nm reef

Another little guy...but absolutely full of personality and constantly active...my bi-color blenny. He is perched in his personal cave...from there he periodically emerges and cruises the entire reef from perch to perch...reminds me of a sheriff in a old western movie....after his "patroll" he always returns to the same cave to rest up and prepare for his next excursion.

nm reef

Maybe the prettiest lil fish of the lot...my purple firefish....its a old pic...I haven't gotten a new one recently.

nm reef

Last...but certainly not least are my larger fish....Jessie James...the hippo tang. Frank James...the foxface rabbitfish. The unicorn we decided to name Billy the Kid...and he will eventually be relocated to a 220 system. His introduction was a accident and I'm well aware how large he will eventually get. He's been in the reef for maybe nine months now and we are getting very attached to him. Together the make a grand lil group of outlaws.

nm reef

The need a healthy/replenishing supply of pods to munch on and they prefer a stable/mature system. I was confident that my display/refugium was heavily populated with pods early on...I just wanted to wait and allow the system to mature prior to purchasing one.

nm reef

They are normally introduced via quality LR...and if there are no predators they usually populate rather quickly. Plus I maintain a refugium where they are allowed to populate without predators. there are other ways to add them.......but basically they seldom need to be added specifically.

vtecbro007

i love your pink dot goby and purple firefirst i have the regular ones,..did i mention how much i love the quality of your pics and the coloration of the fish