Fish Poop Question.

I've tried Google, but no luck. My coral beauty angelfish has a string hanging from him. I am wondering if this is poop and normal, or a serious problem. I didn't notice this in my pair of clownfish.
The angelfish acts perfectly normal and is a very greedy eater. Am I feeding too much? I feed some Rod's frozen fish food (size of my thumbnail) in the morning. I then feed some flakes at night.
Here is a photo. (It was hard to get with my active angelfish and camera on my phone).

S

saxman

The photo is out of focus, so it's hard to tell. However, if it is white and stringy, your fish probably has an intestinal parasite or it is malnourished (the fact that it's eating well suggests the former).
How long have you had the fish?
Was it QT'd?
Did you worm it while in QT?

I'll try to post it again if it shows up. The string only lasts for a few minutes & falls off. But the photo was taken with my iPhone camera. I'll break out my dslr next time.
I've had the fish for a month. I do not have a quarantine tank. But I do have a 25 gallon fresh water tank that in going to convert to one when I get the money to do so.

mr. limpid

It sounds like poo, when it falls off pick it up with a eye dropper and examine it. If it just breaks up it poo if it stay together like a worm then you have worms.

Thanks everyone. I'll see what I can do. At the moment I am without power. I live in Arkansas and we just had that big ice storm come through. Power has been off 8 hours. I keep scoop water up in a glass and letting it fall into the tank. :/ I have backup stuff on my list to buy, but no money for it yet. I was hoping to get by this winter without it.

S

saxman

Spend $10 and get a battery-operated air pump. We kept 12 tanks running on them for 72 hours one weekend when a transformer on the pole blew.

Is there also any battery operated heater options? My tank went 21 hours without power, everything survived. I kept pouring water in it every 30min-hour. It was in the 50's in this house though. The tank was too cold for the tank thermometer to list a reading. I was really worried about that. Thankfully, they pulled through.