Fish Question?

jcsurfn

I have a 55 gal. tank. 60# LS and 20# LR I plan to get more LR. 11 snails, 6 hermit crabs, 1 peppermint shrimp and 1 sand sifting star. I also have 2 percula clowns. I am looking to add another fish. here are a few questions.
flame angel are they reef safe?
Royal Gramma how will that go with what I have? Anyone have a good expereince with them?
I am also thinking about a 6-Line Wrasse and a coral beauty.
Also any goby or blenny I should think about?
I have 2 percula clowns in there now.
Thank You

stacyt

I have a Royal Gramma, and a sixline wrasse. Both have been very good fish. I would be carefull with the angles as most will pick at soft corals. Most gobies, and blenny's should be fine.

fshhub

Originally posted by StacyT
I have a Royal Gramma, and a sixline wrasse. Both have been very good fish. I would be carefull with the angles as most will pick at soft corals. Most gobies, and blenny's should be fine.

yep, and the dwarf angels are hit and miss, some do fine, others munch corals.

N

newreefers

my flame angel doesn't nip at the corals, but I always have some algae in there for her to eat.
I had a 6 line for about 4 years and he started to get really aggressive after that. went after everything in the tank, finally had to get rid of him.

jcsurfn

Thank You for the reply everyone.
Does anyone suggest one fish over snother from my list above? Or one berfore the othere? I dont plan on getting all of those but am planning on getting one in a few days.
Also anyone suggest something else I have not posted.
Thank You

flamehawk

Assuming tank is well established, would add the royal and then the flame and call it a day. Whne you say reef, i'm not quite sure what in the 55 is reef? DO you have coeals? ananome's etc? If so, the flame will be hit or miss but more cahnce that it will work then not.

waterwolf

I have had 2 flame angels and they were excellent in a reef set-up, they never picked at any of the corals and were not aggressive. I have read they can pick at corals. My personal experience they have not. 6-line wrasses have been good for me. Try a Mandrin goby(make sure you have alot of live rock). coral beauty, I would not add that to a tank with a flame angel.

jcsurfn

As for right now it is not a reef. It is a FOWLR tsnk. I need to get more LR. I plan on making it a reef.
As far as getting a flame angel and a coral beauty I wouold not get them both just one or the other.
Also what about a bicolor blenny anyone have one of those?
Also does the tank need to be well astablished to add a Royal Gramma to the tank? It has been up for about 4 months now.

waterwolf

Royal gramma is one of the easier fish to take care of. I think they are even easier than most clownfish. Royal grammas can tolerate borderline water conditons that most fish would perish in. So yeah that would be a good choice.

stacyt

If you are planning on going with a reef, I would be carefull about putting an angel in the tank. I've seen flame angels that have developed a taste for corals.

waterwolf

Get your flame angel small and keep it well fed, maybe you'll get a "reef safe" one. My flame angels were never coral pickers but I have read and heard that they can be.

waterwolf

If your not doing a reef set up for a while, you gotta get a flame angel. It will be the center of attention in your tank. A very active and beautiful fish.

Originally posted by jcsurfn
As for right now it is not a reef. It is a FOWLR tsnk. I need to get more LR. I plan on making it a reef.
As far as getting a flame angel and a coral beauty I wouold not get them both just one or the other.
Also what about a bicolor blenny anyone have one of those?
I have a bi-color blennie and he is the BEST... the funniest fish to watch, kinda like a dog with antenna's... they like to poke thier heads out of a hiding spot... I put an empty barnical coral thing right in the front of the tank and that is HIS home!! He sits there and peaks out all day, he also, darts out for food and then retreats... He is fun.... he will NOT hide from you though...
Also, I have a flame and he is a shy fish, very well behaved and does NOT pick at corals.
Hope this helps .Kim :D

jcsurfn

Thank You for the reply. Does the bicolor blenny ever feed on algae on the galss? It says on this site that they do? Does it help the algae on the glass at all? Also do they dig in the sand?
I have 2 percula clowns in there now and I am just trying to figure out what to get next.

jcsurfn

Also if I were to get one of the 2 wich one would pewople suggest? A flame angel or a coral beauty and why?