Fish Selection Help Please?

logan15

ok I currently have a bangaii cardinall a tomato clown and a blue green reef chromis, what are some good fish to go along with what i have now?I also have a coral banded shrimp.If you have any pics that would be cool also
Please Help,
Logan

sea goblin

how about a couple of fire fish, maybe a pygme angel down the road. You have one blue green cromis now...so maybe add a few more to get a nice little school? i know some one is gonna say get a sixline wrasse....they seam to be quite popular....lots of choices for a 75 gallon. You still planing to get a tang? if so add him last to keep agresion down.
Sea Goblin

logan15

ok thanks I really like the sixline is it true they have to have pods or can I get one that eats flake and brine shrimp and not have any pods?

sea goblin

I have never had a sixline wrasse, from what i understand though i dont think they are a very picky eater. I'm not 100% sure on it though, so hopefully someone else can clarify.
Sea Goblin

dfishh

get a sixline:D lol
i have one, theyr not picky at all, but mines kinda timid, but wen he can he eats brine, clame and spirulina flakes. he gets most of his food from grazing and does eat pods occasionaly. as i sed hes a timid eater, so wen the clowns and hawk r buzzin around the surface for the food, he just waits for sum to float down to him, and he does get it. just be sure to use zoe, they really like it
DAVE

reef fool

Originally posted by logan15
ok thanks I really like the sixline is it true they have to have pods or can I get one that eats flake and brine shrimp and not have any pods?

Hey Logan,
My sixline eats whatever hits the water. Flake, brine, mysid, pellts, and even sea veggies! They do eat alot of pods, so a mandarin or scooter blennie is out, but they are an awesome little fish to watch zip in and out of the LR. I would recommend adding any more docile small fish before the sixline. I have noticed that once he is established, he picks on any small additions. JME
Frank

logan15

ok thanks everyone I like the sixline My other thoughts are a royal basset,and the valentini puffer

logan15

yes its going to be a softie,LPS and mushroom tank,I was just wondering about the puffer if it was reef safe or not.I havent seen a fairy wrasse im gonna go look
Thanks everyone

reef fool

Originally posted by logan15
are they reef safe?

I have had a longnose hawk for a while. The first one jumped out of my tank. They are reef safe for sure, but may eat a small shrimp. My 2 longnose never bothered a single invert of mine in 5 months or so. They do seem to eat alot of pods too. Mine is always stalking and picking at the LR. Of all the hawks, I think a longnose is the most invert safe.

dfishh

basslets tend to be agressive i think, so u shoiuld add it last. i think they may hide sumwat also. dont get a puffer, specially not valentini cuz they eat inverts.
DAVE

ozadars

I would take the cbs out and add some cleaner shrimps, fire shrimps and some kind of crabs, they add lots of colour to the tank, they re attractive, as fish, i would one more bangaii cardinal, 2 more chromis, one more tomato (which is smaller or bigger than yurs) and last, i would add one or two pair of gobies, shrimp gobies w/ a pistol shrimp can be good, if u ve sps corals, clown gobies are fine, there are hundereds of gobies, choose one
Good Luck

dfishh

im pretty sure kole tangs need huge tanks like nasos, i mite be wrong tho. also, fairy wrasses r pretyy expensive, but thats not a big problem. thery very nice fish and not agresive at all, then again my sixline never attaks anything, problyt cuz it was the last thing in the tank. i woulnt get a shrimp goby with a pistol shrimp, i do not like that idea becaz u would see them almost never. u can try that if u want, but also, like ozadars sed, if u have any branching corals, u could get a pair of clown gobies and they mite mate. i think ur colt mite due
DAVE

sea goblin

Kole tangs are one of the smaller tangs, and should do fine in his 75. I think Logan has already had extensive conversations on the subject ;) Sounds like a good selection, good luck to ya logan.
Sea Goblin

logan15

thanks seagoblin and everyone else for the help.I turned my application in to the LFS that im in good with because of all the $$$$$ I spend their I think im going to get the job I helped sell a 400.00 Tank Combo and 2 fish and im not even hired yet sry for the ot but im just so:D