fish selection

aqua39

I'm thinking about what fish I should put into my 55 gallon reef aquarium. right now i have about 30 lbs of live rock and im getting 60 lbs of base rock from hawaii anyday now. all i have right now in the tank is one almost dead chromis, some mushrooms and what ever else came on the live rock, but i am planning to get a large variety of soft corals, polyps and an anemone. What do you guys think i should get?
I'm thinking 2 clownfish of sorts (open to suggestions)
A dwarf angel (open to suggestions, i know 6 months)
A schooling fish (would like to have 3, not chromis)
And some other colorful fish
I'm also planning on getting 35 hermits (blue leg and zebra), 10 astrea/turbo snails, a serpent star, and a peppermint shrimp. Any suggestions are helpful. Oh, yah i would prefer the schooling fish to be in stock at swf, but if you have a fish that isn't, hit me with it (not literally, that will kill me, and probably the fish too).

duke13

You can consider the Mandarin fish once your tank is well established. I just got a Potter's Leopard Wrasse, he's the most docile wrasse I have ever seen. However, SWF doesn't carry him. PM me if you want to know where I saw it available. It is an awesome fish and very colorful.
I have attached a picture.

duke13

BTW, I would try to avoid Blue Leg Hermits, they tend to fight too much with each other. Go with the Red Leg.

ams153

hey a really cool fish is the senata lion and the blue legs will also kill the snails for there there shells
HTH
Andrew