Fish Selection

prinny

We have a 120 FO tank with 90lbs of LR. Right now we have 1 Naso Tang, 1 Yellow Tang, 1 Purple Tang, 1 lawnmower blennie, 1 Perc clown,three anemonies, 2 peppermint shrimp, three sand sifting stars, and once catalina goby. Are we at our max? If not, what else would you suggest. The tank looks so bare.

jacksonpt

You are probably at your max in terms of fish. Those tangs require lots of swimming room. You could always get a few corals or some more inverts... that's a good way to brighten things up.
And, btw, you don't have a FO tank... a FO tank is a tank with just fish (and dead/artificial decorations). At first I thought you had a FOWLR (Fish Only With LR) becuase you mentioned you have 90lbs LR. Then when you talked about the anemones, shrimps, stars etc., I realized you have a reef. Just thought you might want to know

dirtybilge

I am not an expert but you might be able to add a 2 or 3 banggi cardinal fish. I love mine and they grow fast but don't get that big.

holacanthus

The tangs and lawnmower blennie give you a total of 4 herbivores how to you keep the territorality down? The tangs haven't begun to quarrel yet? Naso's get pretty big and yellow and purples can get to be the size of dinner plates! Just thought I let you know what you looking foward to! ;)

prinny

Our Naso is pretty big, but the Yellow and Purple are tiny. We added the Yellow and Purple at the same time and they all get along. In fact, the Naso and Yellow are best buddies. The only problems we have had is when we had to blennies. One killed the other. Right now things are going great. We did have two other Percs but they died. That is the second pair that have died and we don't know about trying it again.