2 - Clowns
2 - Firefish
5 - Chromis
1 - Orange spotted gobie
1 - Flame Angel
30 - Hermits
20 - Snails
2 - Cleaner Shrimp
Is this ok on a FOWLR 90 gallon? I have 60 lbs of live rock.

mrmaroon

Do you already have all of these? As you are probably assuming, that is way too many fish. No one can really answer this question all that well w/o know a little more about your tank and plans. What kind of filtration, etc? Do you ever plan on adding corals.

hab2001

These are fish I'm wanting to add. I currently have:
2 - Clowns
1 - Chromis
1 - Yellow Tang
1 - Blue Hippo Tang
30 - Hermits
20 - Snails
2 - Cleaner Shrimp
I have wet/dry filter with a built in protein skimmer with 3 powerheads. I'm not sure on the coral yet.

hatessushi

I wouldn't put anymore fish in that tank based on the information provided. The yellow tang will be fine but the blue hippo will need a bigger tank.

sfoister

I'm not so sure about the angel and the tang getting along.
But just so you know, flame angels are hit or miss on whether they are reef safe. Some will nip at corals while others will ignore them completely. Your best bet is to find one as small as possible and teach it to eat the stuff you provide instead of the corals.

markus1

I think you can safely add a few more fish, small ones though. A royal gramma would be a nice addition, if you have a lot of places for it to hide. Also a blenny or goby would be cool. Something else simpe would be a cardinal or something. I wouldn't add an angel or butterfly, especially if you plan on having corals. You could try a clam, but only if you have the right light.
As for the hippo tang, my buddy has a hippo in a 90 reef and it seems to be fine. Of course this depends on the size. A moderately sized hippo is going to outgrow that tank fast. I agree with the above post. You may want to explore returning it to the lfs or trading it to someone with a larger setup. It's a tough decision, but that would free up the bioload too, allowing you to possibly add another small fish or two. As long as you have a good setup, I think you should be fine.

mes1

i think your stocked to the max. and markus your friends hippo is most likely not happy. he might be getting by day by day but he for sure isnt as happy as he would be in a larger system. back to the original question. if you get rid ogf your hippo tang you could deffinatley replace him with a jawfish.