fish stocking suggestion lists for an 80 gal tank?

legoalie31

I have an 80 gallon fowlr and I do not thin I am going to keep the lunare wrasse and the sailfin tang because they get too big. I would keep my flame angel and my sf eel any stocking suggestions? I am looking for more pricy fish with more color and personality. But any price is good for me.
Gimme some ideas!

N

nereef

flame angel, sfe, mystery wrasse, clarkii clown, blackcap basslet

legoalie31

good idea i was kinda thinkin a fuzzy dwarf, harlequin tusk, flame, sfe, some tang is that too much? should i go substitution for a jawfish?

N

nereef

that would be a 60gal. (48*24*12*0.00434=60). i wouldn't put a tang in that small of a tank, and i think your list should be more conservative anyway.

N

nereef

i wouldn't put a tang in a 75 either. the tusk will get about 6", so will the lion. the eel will get 30" and the angel will be about 4". the tusk, lion, and eel will be very messy fish. i definately wouldn't do any more than this, and i would also go bare bottom with heavy skimming. the tusk will need a cave of rockwork.
these are all very hardy fish, but very messy. a 75 gal might be pushing it.

legoalie31

ya did u read my 1st paragraph about getting rid of it and the wrasse cuz they get too big and the wrasse eats all snails n inverts?

legoalie31

ya my 1st paragraph said that i was gettin rid of it n the wrasse but i dont need the minimum size tank police all over my case just suggestions

lesleybird

You can put some of the smaller butterflies in there, a royal gramma, some type of fairy wrasse like a flasher wrasse. I have had some luck putting a lemonpeel angelfish in with a flame angel but they were put in at the same time. Lesley

sepulatian

Originally Posted by Legoalie31
ya my 1st paragraph said that i was gettin rid of it n the wrasse but i dont need the minimum size tank police all over my case just suggestions
When asking for suggestions you will get some that you don't like. You can get a fuzzy for a 75. You could also get a dwarf angel, a wrassie, or other smaller sized fish.

rylan1

Originally Posted by Legoalie31

Is there a problem here?

legoalie31

haha thanks for that rylan. i really wanted a fuzzy im just waiting to find one that eats frozen food. my snowflake eel died R.I.P. Mr. Eel....... any other suggestions?