Fish Suggestions 210 gal

drama3

Looking to get some suggestions on aggressive saltwater fish. I've done the freshwater circuit for over 15 years, piranahs (black and redbellies), convicts, red devils, jacks, snakeheads, etc... Now I'm looking for something new and decided on a saltwater tank. I have a 210 gal using an amiracle pl3000 filter. I was looking at triggers and tangs for the tank. Originally thought sharks but was convinced not too until I gain more experience with salt tanks. Anyway, I've read several posts and respect the knowledge of the people here so any and all suggestions welcome. Also any decor ideas would help I'm so used to the freshwater world where sometimes the decor can be really plain and look kind of bland. Thanks in advance!

thesamm

hey i was in freshwater since i was 6 (im only 15 now) but for ur 210....:thinking: u said u were thinking triggers and tangs, u could get those and like a puffer, eel, possibly lion if very careful...all depends on what u want, is the tank up and running now?

drama3

Tank is not up and running I've been waiting until I decide on the fish and the decor. Everything is ready to go I have the crushed coral and the salt and everything else just waiting to finalize fish. I thought about adding a puffer also. I'd like to do an eel but could I do, 2 triggers (1 being a clown) a yellow tang, a puffer and an eel?

thesamm

yes definatly what other trigger were u thinking and what puffer and eel?
when u do get these fish make sure when bought u put the tang in before the trigger/triggers or at the same time

drama3

Here is what i was thinking a clown trigger, bursa trigger, and a assasi trigger, plus the yellow tang, a porcupine puffer, and a biclor angelfish. I would be willing to substitute one for the eel, any suggestions?

liontamer

New tank business is tough stuff. If u wanna shoot me an email, im good with this kinda thing. I can walk u right through it. Also, there is a guy here from Milwaukee too, names Dustin. He could help ya out too. My emails Chandler044@aol.com
Ill help u personally with all that u need.

thesamm

that would probally be fine....if i were u, i would wait on just the eel and get those other fish, then once those fish are living fine serch for what last fish you want, weather it be a eel or not
you are gonna need heavy filteration to handle all the waste those fish will put out...so what were u planning on running?
those 7 fish (+the one later on) would be fine in that tank

drama3

I'm running a amiracle pl3000 which includes protein skimmers and it has the biological, chemical, and mechanical filtration. So I hope this would be enough as far as filtration. I'll wait on the eel. So the 210 should be enought to hold these fish?

thesamm

yes for sure....those fish will be fine if u have that one filter on one side of your tank just for more water flow and to catch large debris i would go and get like a emperror 400 for the other side, so theres a little more current in your tank, do u have any power heads?

thesamm

i completely agree with jwtrojan44
you are gonna need more water current in the tank just pick up a few power heads...also on the cloun trigger they are very unpredictable and it is a possibilily it could kill off ur tank yet if done right u should be fine