Fish tank stereo types?

Kinda of topic, but still on the reef tank subject. This has happend to me 3 times in the last week. I have had some plumbing problems, that was affecting my sal. Kinda had me worried while at work. People saw it, and asked what was wrong. I told them about my tank.
Anyways, what makes everybody think, that just because you have a fish tank/coral tank, that you are a stoner????:thinking:

gregvabch

a stoner huh? i don't really get that except for maybe my neighbors might think that because of the way my actinics illuminate my living room at night. most times the sh*theads i work with insinuate that i'm a little fruity because when they're surfing the net at work they're catching up on scores and players stats, while myself i'm reading about saltwater fish and corals. :D

nacl-man

you'd have to be a stoner with a heck of a lot of money IMO. Gonna have to choose one: illicit drugs or the fish tank cause people probably can't afford both!
I'd go with the tank... it won't land you in jail :)

joerdie

when i finally got my tank set up about a year ago, the police came to my house because they noticed a "jump in my electric bill" i couldnt believe it!!! after i showed them the tank they where cool though. the cops in my area aparently fall into this same situation all the time. one of the cops also said that they show up when people install a pool or hot tub.

cindyski

Originally posted by gregvabch
a stoner huh? i don't really get that except for maybe my neighbors might think that because of the way my actinics illuminate my living room at night.

yep, people want to know what we are growing lol, looks like a nuclear power plant from outside