fish: to move or not to move

norcal

im about to transport a tank in my car. it will be a 6-7 hour drive. I am going to be able to move the equipt and tank with no problem. here are the fish currently in the tank....
4 green chromis
1 true percula
1 4 striped damsel
1 lawn mower blenny
1 huge coral banded shrimp
1 spider decorator crab
1 chocolate chip starfish
3 mexican turbo snails
10 zebra hermit crabs
3 red legged hermit crabs
so here is my question. are any of these fish or inv. hardy enough to survive the trip. i dont really have a way to oxygenize the water, and the only way i can try to keep the water the same temp is to insulate it in blankets. i suspect the hermits might be ok, but what about the others? Also, when i get back, i dont have a tank to transfer them directly into. i am planning on setting the same tank back up and putting the livestock (if i decide to take some with me) into it once the levels are all good. but i think it might take a little while to get back to the point where fish would be ok in it again. I may be able to put a heater and airstone into the container holding the fish once i get home and am waiting for the tanks water levels to improve. so anything you could tell me would help out immensly. and opinions or if anyone knows if any of those fish/ inverts could survive in those conditions. thanks for the time i really appreciate it :needhelp:

plumbjohn

you could try buying a 30-50 gal cooler. That way the water temp shouldn't drop very much and you could use it until you get your tank set up.

norcal

do you think that would work for all of those fish? also do you think they would be ok without the water being oxygenated?

skull69

The LFS sale batterie powered air pumps I transported 5 fish in a cooler from KS to AZ that way they did vary well lived for 6 more years

norcal

how much do those cost? also have you heard anything about tablets that you can throw in the water to airate it? do you think that a rubbermaid(wrapped in blankets) would work as well as a cooler to insulate the water and keep the temp up?? also how big (or small) do you think the container would have to be to house these fish for the trip. :joy: thanks so much for all the input, but i really need some answers to these questions badly :help: . im making this trip tommorow and really want to figure out if i can bring these fish safely. :confused:

rainmaker6

You could go to a local sporting goods store and get an emergency space blanket. Basically, it is a piece of Mylar and reflects 90% of the heat back and costs about $5. Wrap that around a blanket wrapped Tupperware tank and you should be allright.

guineawhop

if i were you i wouldn't even bother transporting them. none of the fish or inverts on your list are very expensive and they are all very common to see at the lfs. unless you are attached to any of them imo i'd sell them or bring them to the lfs.