Fish transfer question from another newbie to this great hobby!

jeffreyyy

Hello again,
Post #3 yes I'm moving up to "OLDER NEWBIE" very soon. Anyway here's what I have going on with my SWF hobby.
About a year ago my buddy gave me a used 75gal tank and I was pumped. I bought everything I thought I needed with his help and away I went. I started with my substrate, #20lbs of base rock and #25lbs of LR just to start. I bought a blue w/ yellow tail damsel as told to do from my buddy to cycle and have now read on here why not to do that but happily he's still with me along with his buddy a Coral Beauty that I added two months later.
Well, about two months ago my tank began to leak in three locations and now I know it was probably my fault because I didn't check to see if it was level or not. So their in a 20gal right now and when they do go into the 120 their going to think that their in the ocean with all that room.
Okay here's the question. After the tank cycles how soon can I transfer my LR and the two fish over to the 120 or could I transfer the LR now when I start the cycle and replace the LR with other items for cover?
Thanks for any input,
Jeff

tarball

It's nice to have buddys isn't it. .....

You can transfer the LRs now, if you wish. Any live stock should wait until cycle is completed

michaeltx

yeap everything but the livestock can go ahead into the new tank without a problem it will actually make the cycle go faster since it will introduce the bacteria it needs a little faster than it would.
Mike