***** fish?

theonlykc

[hr]
How do you guys feel about buying fish from *****? I've seen some really dirty *****'s that REALLY dont take care of there water or fish but I've also seen some beautifully taken care of tanks at *****, with clear water and everything looks great, what do you think? Would you buy a fish from there? Has anyone bought a fish from there? Do they last?

littlebuck

Last time i went to the one by me every fish had ick. It was really bad to see all those fish like that. IF they were healthy the prices were reasonable. I really think its the people that take care of the tanks. SOme people say they have nice tanks but lots of people say they are bad. I guess its up to the person buying adn the conditions of the tanks and fish. Good luck

purerebel

Well, I've picked up a few at the Flint, MI store and the guy there also steered me away from a fish that he thought my tank wasn't ready for. No losses yet and great service, I dont think that I'd hesitate to buy from but that's here

mudplayerx

***** is like any other lfs, the quality of the fish is determined by the quality of the employees. They are probably overpriced compared to privately-owned lfs's though.

theonlykc

Originally Posted by mudplayerx
***** is like any other lfs, the quality of the fish is determined by the quality of the employees. They are probably overpriced compared to privately-owned lfs's though.
The fish are actually cheaper then in most stores

mudplayerx

Originally Posted by theonlyKC
The fish are actually cheaper then in most stores
I do tend to forget that my lfs is very reasonably priced. The ones just 40-50 miles away from here are like 10 times more expensive.

ophiura

Ophiura thinks....Please don't become a ***** bash thread....Please don't become a ***** bash thread.
Like mudplayerx said, some are good, some are bad, some are aweful...just like many other LFS in any given area.
If you were to ask me straight out would I buy a fish from there, I would generally think not, nor do I really shop at ***** very often at all. But then I also avoid buying any Tetra products after a extremely bad segment they had on TV when Nemo came out. There are some commercial outfits I don't really care for, and you will find many people HATE *****.
If, in your opinion, the fish look healthy and they have informed staff...then it is up to you.

theonlykc

Originally Posted by mudplayerx
I do tend to forget that my lfs is very reasonably priced. The ones just 40-50 miles away from here are like 10 times more expensive.
wow thats crazy, I live in Los Angeles so there are alot of stores for the most part and ***** seems pretty cheap...

rara12

its the same way with my nj pets. When ever i go there i tell the guy to move this here or move that in the same tank as that or what not. lol I do it so often the just offered me a job! Score one for the good guys ;)

O

oreo12

I had said i would not buy any more from *****. But then they went out and hired one of the local reff nuts and he has them looking real nice. They have even let him start selling some coral frags there. It is a pretty new store and is clean. I think this one could become a good lfs