Fishcake!!!!

ibew

Hey man whats up just checking on how your tank is doing with eco and would love to see some pics if possible. also got a question. I remember you saying that you were using eco reef solutions if so did you follow the direction and add a cap full per 50 gal. thanks jeremy

fishcake

hey bud....
I tried it and thought it was ok!
I always used half the dosage,don't add to much of that stuff or you will have nutrient issues.
My ecosystem is working wonderfully!
How is yours running?

ibew

reel good man it does keep ph and alk pretty dam stable. but still do water changes for cal and trace elements. but not sure why it does, got to be something in the mud. well since I talk to you last I was fighting cyno in the newer tank do to poor water flow, no skimmer using tap every once an awile to top off but got everything under control (I quit waiting and spent the money and did it right) and is doing real good. yeah I was wondering how much of that you use. A full cap seems a bit much. do you add it everyday like they call for it. and is that all you add also. So how long have you been using the ecosystem now. and lets see some pics of that beauty if you have any ready very anxious to see.

fishcake

use a capful but only once or twice per week.
I moved to a new house and obviously had to redo the tank..
here are some Lousy pics..lol

ibew

looks really good
that candy is awsome. I can't wait till I move I decided to transfer everything into a 180 or maybe a 210. but in the mean time I will continue to buy and grow coral in my 2 baby 55. caint wait to see some more pics if you get a chance throw a pic of the eco in there too. So what are your thoughts so far about the ecosystem and how long now has it been established

fishcake

The ecosystem works fantastic,
but does have drawbacks IMO..
The high iron Content of the mud helps the chaeto grow and remove nutrients like nobody's business!
and the coral extension is fantastic!
the drawback is that it does not buffer the system like sand does!
so....I drip limewater and that helps with the buffering!
Here is a pic of the chaeto

ibew

dam that ball of cheato is huge. sump looks great do you do any water changes. or are you saying even with water changes still unbalanced, also by dripping lime does that buffer your alk and ph is that what the problem is just curious. I don' drip anything or add anything except reef solutions and do a water channge once a week I just started using tropic marine for salt was using IO seems to be ok