Fishing Suprise!

hunt

One time i was fishing with a rapala and i cast out and almost 2 minutes of trolling, The pole almost jerked out of my hands. When i reeled it in there was a basketball sized snapper turtle,that the hook snagged by the shell, on the other end.

zman1

What was the surface water temp? You don't have a coal fired power plant on the water do you? Ounce for ounce, pan fish put up a heck of a fight.
Last Friday the carp were rolling hard in the lake I was on in the STL area. Surface temp was 68F.
SAD ---- I think I missed the spillway peak white bass run. I did a drive by on Saturday and no one was fishing them - everyone was tight lining.
I don’t fish carp, but it is a European sport fish, You can always find a Neighborhood backyard pond with Japanese Koi to pactice on.

zman1

Should we start a fishing thread? I plan on taking the boat out this morning (Friday). So far this season, I have caught 2 non keeper Bass, 6 non keeper Crappie and one keeper Bulegill. It was freed in-light of few other non keepers.
There is an old saying - A bad day at fishing, still beats a great day at work....

hunt

i went fishing to day and used corn as my bait and all i cought was bluegill. a 3 foot carp dod swim right over and eat some corn though. I had to wait an extra day because the first time i went, there were two drunk guys, and im pretty sure they were high because of the "stuff" i found were they were drinking so i left because of that.
Next bait will be dough balls

ironeagle2006

3 Largest fish I have caught in my life 22 Lbs Northern Pike at Lake of the Woods in Canada. Sucker fought me like HELL on 6 lb test. 7 Lb Smallmouth Bass Lake LaSalle IL out with my dad Stuffed and mounted on the wall also. Lastly 42LB Flathead Catfish Vermillion River near a RR Trestle took 4 hours to land him.
However do not get out as much as I would like to called 3 young kids and FIL dying of terminal Cancer so any free time is spent with him in Chicago.