Fl people trade here

flatzboy

As soon as I get my lights set up this weekend I will add some sps and maybe we can trade in a few months. My lighting is 2x175 watt metal halides 10k and 4x75 watt vho actinic. I hope to get some good color out of the sps with the 4 vho actinics. I got the ballasts bulbs and everything just got to build the canopy. All these hurricanes keep delaying things so hopefully i'll find time this weekend to build it but then again we got ivan coming.

sandman12

u still need the canopy for the bow tank? I dont think i can do it. I could build a box canopy......

flatzboy

My dad has like a week off starting friday so he's gonna help me build it. Thanks for the offer though. I can't wait to get some sps frags next week, I'll be adding the coral from my old 20g. reef this weekend to.

flatzboy

Well my dad found this place where he was working in auburndale called nollens. He got an elagance coral and he got like 30lbs of cured figi liverock that is loaded with mushrooms and other polips and one piece has an anenome the size of a golf ball. It was only $6 a pound. He went back there again the next week because he was still working over there and got me and him each a 20lb. piece of a rock. My 20 pounder has a pagoda cup growing on it and his 20 pounder had some polips and both pieces were loaded with small orange sponges. He says they have mostly coral and a a average selection of fish. He says they have probably have 10-15 times more coral they most other stores. He said they got a lot of other stuff to like lights, tanks, filters, protein skimmers, and just piled full of other goodies. He said the manager drives up to their suppliers each wedsnday and hand picks all the fish, coral, liverock, and inverts. So pretty much everything there is good.

flatzboy

Originally posted by StreetDoc
Hey Flatz. Could you let me know the name of that store in Auburndale? StreetDoc@comcast.net
thanks

Whats up the place is called Nollens look'em up in the phone book or use 411 oon the phone to get directions. I couldb't give you directions because i'm only 14 and my dad drives me there.
HTH,
Rhett

flatzboy

I have begun adding coral to my tank. Right know I got 1 greenish brown acro that i got today that should color up better under my lights, a brown monti, flower pot that i've had for 8 months that just moved in to the new tank, aquacultured purple/blue stiped shrooms, a bid

[hr]
red and blue candy cane that could be fragged. Also sandman I bought an aquac ev 120 skimmer for my 46g. bow for $150 from a member and man is that thing gonna be awesome on my little 46g.!!!!

sandman12

sounds awsome, did u go to the meeting? I didnt have Agu's address so i couldnt go. Iam getting 4 new SPS frasg wed.,real excited. Iam going to siesta key this satuday to get some blue zoos from coral connections. Maybe i can stop by then.
James

flatzboy

Awesome I'm about 10-20 from siesta key, I've never been to coral connections but I'm gonna check it out soon. You can stop by saturday just tell me what time. I didn't go to the meeting because I read his post about where it was and the date the same day the meeting was but about 3 hours after it was scheduled!!! Argggg!! If you come by bring a frag of your sps if you want and I can trade you a some heads of my candy can.:D