Flame Angel Acting Strange

rock cod

My angel is staying at the bottom of the tank close the the front of the glass, will not eat or move from that spot. The fish is swimming normal and looks normal. Maybe laying eggs??? It's not being aggressive towards other fish, has been this way for two weeks any ideas?

i3luedragon

It may be sick or in fear of the other fish. Stressing and swimming at the bottom is not a very good sign. Not eating will lower immune, stress will also, so something needs to be done. Although, it may be eating your algae at night but you might not notice. Laying eggs maybe, I dunno... :eek:

gobylover

Hi ROCK.Who are his tankmates?I'm sure you have checked all parameters.Is there enough circulation?What are you feeding?How long have you had the fish?

frenchman

Flame angels are gorgeous fishes but I had a hard time to keep them alive. I see them as temporary fishes. Typically after a certain time, without much explanation they seem to let themselves starve to death in a quiet corner of the tank. This is something I experienced only with angels (also with Queen angels).

guppie

I had the same thing happen to a flame I had. Stoped eatting and stayed in one place all the time, I agree with Frenchman I don't know why they do this mine died about three weeks after this started , I have heard of others that had the same thing happen with their flame, I never got another just for that reason. Good Luck

rock cod

His tankmates are a foxface and sebae clown, I feed brine shrimp, spirinula flakes, and formula one fish food.

goofieones

Try putting some seaweed selects on a clip and soaking it in zoe. See if he will eat this. Hope he starts eating soon.

bluegill

hey cod...
what you are feeding your flame is exactly what i feed mine. mine devours the brine, spirulina flakes, and the formula.
i guess sometimes fish just dont take to the journey across the world like others. unfortunately we're all bound to run into it if we buy enough fish.
if it dies, all you can do is try another. cause you can lead a horse to water... but you just can't make him eat brine, formula, or spirulina.
g'luck
bg