Flame angel advice

mattinwa

I currently have a 75 g fowlr with the following: (1) yellow watchman goby- 2in, (1) long nose hawkfish- 3in, (1) blue spotted puffer-2.5in, (2) pink skunk clowns 3in, 1.5 in. My tanks has been running for a year now and all these species get along well. My previous 2 attempts at adding another fish have resulted in disaster. It seemed like the large pink skunk clownfish was very aggressive towards the new additions. What are your opinions on adding a Flame Angel?

kiefers

There are really only three options here.
1) After you QT the Flame, you can acclimate with DT in a bucket with egg crate and acclimate the clown with the flame, slowly of coarse. This would mean you would have to remove the clown as well. Just divide the bucket with eggcrate.
2) get rid of the clown fish
3) forget about the flame
Just my 02

kiefers

Well, if your clown is going rambo on everything nothing is going to be really safe in my opinion. You can try re-arranging some of you rock work to establish new territories, and add the new guy last, and with the lights off

B

bucksfan1976

It seems to be a territory thing, Here is what I would recommend, wait til the lights are off on the tank, rearrange the rock work and intruduce the new fish while its still dark. When the clown comes out he will be like wth did I move in the middle of the night and he will realize he has no territory.
I had a purple tang and it got super agressive with a lemonpeel angel i introduced. I did the above and 8 months later still alive and now buddies. And we all know how evil purple tangs are.