flame angel comatibility

fishfatty

Current livestock list for my 75 gal. reef:
(1) yellow tang
(1) pearlscale butterfly
(2) false perc. clowns (pair)
(1) true perc. clown
(1) Zebra barred dartfish (trying to sell)
Inverts:
Crocea Clam, snails, hermits.
Corals: softies, few LPS..
Will a flame angel be compatible with my tank? Please let me know what you think. Thanks!

saltn00b

i dont know what a dart fish is, a common name for a firefish i think?
anyway flames are compatible with those fish.
however have three clowns is not recommended, and having multiple clown species is definitely not recommended. when they become sexually mature and have territories they will become increasingly aggressive.

larryndana

Originally Posted by saltn00b
i dont know what a dart fish is, a common name for a firefish i think?
anyway flames are compatible with those fish.
however have three clowns is not recommended, and having multiple clown species is definitely not recommended. when they become sexually mature and have territories they will become increasingly aggressive.
yeah, no more than two....unless the tank is huge. in the wild you would find more than two hosting in an anemone....one male and one female the rest won't reach sexual maturity unless something happens to one of male or female. in captivity you usually find them in pairs.

dogstar

The Flame will be fine with those fish..but could be a risk with corals and clams....some are ok in a reef and some are not ok.

stsweene

You'll be just fine since you are adding him last. I have a flame and he was one of my first fish and hardiest...he fought with every fish I added until I finally got a kole tang that whooped him into shape fast.