flame angel food

gordie9

Sorry, I know that people ask this all the time, but my question is different (I hope).
My new flame IS eating. He likes the brine, but I want to get him off of it as it isn't as nutritious. He also seems to love the formula II pellets, but once it sinks he doesn't want anything to do with it. The pellets float for awhile, then once they are soaked, they sink almost immediately. If the flame gets to them while they are in the water column he loves them and he sprints after them, but once they are on the sand or on the rock he wants nothing to do with them.
Anyone with similar experiences (with a flame angel or other fish who wont eat the pellets after they've sunk)? Thanks

kamaqazi21

You should try angel formula. It is in a frozen cube version. Ocean Nutrition and Hikari make it, it comes in 3.5oz pack. They contain sponge which is really good for the angels and it also has many other things which are more nutritious for the angel. You can also try garlic to entice the angel to eat. Take the angel formula in a small bowl, use half a cube and let it thaw out with some water. After it is all thawed add one drop of KENT garlic xtreme and let it sit for 10 minutes and then feed it. Garlic helps the fish's immune system, helps with parasites, and it also entices the fish to eat. Hope i helped.
Also for your other fish and the angel, mysis shrimp is very healthy and it is also frozen. You can dose this with garlic as well.

gordie9

thanks kamaqazi
I've been using the kent garlic with the mysis, brine and pellets (all at separate times to experiment), but he seems to like the brine and pellets. He shies away from the mysis even with the garlic. I'll take a look for the angel formula. Thanks for the help