Flame Angel NOT Reef Safe!

azfishgal

Originally Posted by kayak385
Can I put my flame in another tank, then add the corals and other fish and reintroduce my flame into the tank, or would I have to change all my rockwork and everything?(cleanup crew)
I have been told you can do that. How big is your refuge? Stick him there until you are done changing things around and then give it a try. I wouldn't think it would hurt. If refuge is to small then do you have a QT set up?

kayak385

Originally Posted by azfishgal
I have been told you can do that. How big is your refuge? Stick him there until you are done changing things around and then give it a try. I wouldn't think it would hurt. If refuge is to small then do you have a QT set up?
I don't think that my refuge is big enough. Its a megaflow model3 sump.
Would this be good enough? How long should I keep her in there after the rocks have been changed? Just long enough or wait until the substrate settles?

30-xtra high

do research before buying fish... books and people on this site'll tell you that flames/ all angels, aren't reef safe.

kayak385

Originally Posted by 30-xtra high
do research before buying fish... books and people on this site'll tell you that flames/ all angels, aren't reef safe.
I didn't take the "with caution" as "good luck with that one".
I did do a lot of research. I read Conscientious Marine Aquarist about the flame angel, and the mini marine encyclopedia and asked questions and looked at many different sites. I was led to the conclusion(ratio of replies) that very few do attack the corals.

johnny84

Originally Posted by 30-xtra high

Sorry 30-xtra high but your wrong...This site and mostly every other site says that the Flame angel and Dwarf angels for that matter are reef safe. Some sites say they are semi-aggressive, but all say reef safe. So even with doing that "research" if I were looking for a reef safe fish I would assume the dwarf angels were reef safe.

kayak385

so the plan is to wait until i'm ready to switch out the cc for sand, and maybe before I even do that, create some DIY rocks.