Flame Angel or Coral Beauty ?

Which one should I get for my 90g ?
Also, do you think I could get another for my 26g BF ? Would he and the gold stripe maroon clown co-habitate ?

koiman6

Angels are pretty tough once they get settled in. I would say he could hold his own but the first day or so would be interesting. Actually Flame Angels, in my opinion, are hardier than coral beauty because feeding coral beauties can be very hard.

goldrush

Two directly opposite answers so far. I'm curious what the consensus will be.I've been thinking of getting a Coral Beauty myself.

radge69

I can't say which to get because we only have a coral beauty. I have to say this is my favorite fish that we have, he is always on the move and likes to play games with you, sort of like hide and seek. He will move into a cave and then look out of a small hole until you look at him and then he'll come out for awhile and then the game starts over. Very cool fish.
On a side note, it took him 8 days before he finally ate. He would go up to food like he was going to eat and then tail off at the last second. We tried every type of food we could think of, and we tried with and without garlic. Once he finally ate something, he is a eating machine now, eats everything we feed. Also, we have read and been told that the coral beauty is more reef safe than the flame angel. Good luck.

N

newreefers

here is another vote for the flame angel. mine eats anything that hits the tank, also loves sheets of algae on a clip. very colorful and cool, mine is in a tank with a maroon and there is no problem.

gsxr750dgo

I had two tries with coral beauties, results were unsuccessful. My water is good.............
I heard flame is hardier...........GOODLUCK
EDWIN;)