flame angel trouble

reef rockett

we have been trying to have a flame angel in our tank. About 5 months ago we bought a flame angel, and within two days he was swimming very unusual. I know that they swim on there sides when stress is related but this was stranger. then the third day, (morning) found him floating. Now just this thursday (june 15th) we got another one and then friday night my husband, saw him swimming compleatly upside down, but with spunk, but by the time we went to bed he was dead, again. Two dead. Is it my tank? Is it compitition in the tank, of territoral areas? Help!!

mr . salty

Can you tell us more about your tank? Isnt that kind of swimming due to swim bladder problems? How about airation? STEVE

reef rockett

I have a 45 gallon tank, with the eclipse lid, whitch has the bio-wheel, and filter cartridge. And I have the back-pack, protin skimmer. The fish that I have in the tank are: 1 yellow tang,1 achiles tang,1 black and white damsel,1 coral beauty,1 black lion fish, a ton of snail, red hermits, and blue hermits( don't know the exact count)

mr . salty

Don't know what to say. All the other fish seem ok? Wish I could help. Tell me about your lion. any problems with him being too aggressive with the other fish? I thought they could only be kept in an aggresive fish tank. COOL PLease respond. STEVE

krazzydart

depending on the size of the other fish it should be o.k. with exception to the tangs.... they are quite aggressive and shoulkd be the tlast fish put in the tank.... also if putting new fish in try and rearrange the tank and fool the fish that they are in a new place and will check it out and not worry about a new fish comming into the tank....