Flame Hawk

dolfan

I was planing on adding a flame hawk , coral beauty, and a six- line wrasse to my 40gal. Does anyone know anything about a flame hawk? Will this match be ok? I have 50 lbs. of live rock in my tank so that there is plenty of hidding spaces. I've heard that they can be aggessive to small new comers once established. Should I add the coral beauty and the wrasse first and wait to add the hawk?

gobylover

Do you have any other fish in there now?My Hawk just killed my mandarine fish yesterday.I have had the Man. for a little over a year and the Hawk for about 2 months.I would add it last yes.But I would be kind of cautios with the wrasse.How big is it?

blutang

I am absolutely the biggest fan of Flame Hawkfish.....I have a Hawkfish and a Mandarian. I introduced the Mandarian about 2 weeks after I added the hawkfish, and I have had absolutely no problems what so ever. In face I introduced a Sleeping Tiger gody into the tank about 3 days ago and the hawkfish has been intimidated by it.....I think the hawkfish will do very well with all those choices.

shel

I have a Flame Hawk and a manderine. They do fine together. The Flame Hawk was in the tank for about a year then the manderine moved in. They are even usually in the same area. Hope this helps.
Shel

dasnake03

I had one that was my favorite fish,when I moved I had to give him up.Watch small inverts,mine ate my cleaner shrimp that was the same size as him.He picked on my 2 diamond sleeper gobies,until they went into hideing.If you plan on putting snails in with it, put big turbo snails in,or trochus snails because they can right themselves if they fall off of the glass,or get nocked off.Add the wrasse first,then the hawk,then the angel.If any inverts are going to be in the tank,put them in the tank before the hawk.The hawk will not bother the angel,so the hawk could go first.The angel needs better water quality,and a more established tank.Good luck with the hawk.
[ October 05, 2001: Message edited by: dasnake03 ]