Flame Hawkfish

E

evilfishtank

I posted a question about compatibility with my yellow coris wrasse and firefish if i purched a six line wrasse. i was reading alot today and every site i go to says you have to have a flame hawkfish. they sit up and watch your tank all day watching over its domain and waiting for food. sounds awesome but do you guys think he will pick on my firefish and yellow coris wrasse? i have no shrimp or clams for him to mess with just worried about my other fish. i know i should be ok if im adding him last. but just asking around for opinions. also are they really as interesting as every site says? im just looking for a good last fish. i only have a 24g and already have those other 3 fish and i dont think i can get many more.

noah's nemo

I really enjoy watching mine.He's a blast.
I have no problems with mine bothering anybody,but he's in a 125.I don't know how he'd act in a 24g??

noah's nemo

No doubt,i always suggest a flame to people who ask ,what fish should i get next?I'm just not too sure how it would work out for evil....?I think it would be OK though.

jigga w00t

I have a flame hawk in my 24g cube. He's friends with an ocellaris clown thats a little smaller than he is. I had a sixline wrasse with them, but it did a disappearing act rather well, but forgot to reappear. If you're gonna get one, buy the smallest one you can find...
i have no shrimp or clams for him to mess with...
Flame hawk's mess with clams?

hlcroghan

Flame hawkfish are really cool. I think with those two fish they will be fine but they do eat shrimp so be careful if you have those. But...... I honestly believe that 24 gallon is way too small for one. I would go with a pixie hawkfish instead. Much smaller and similar personality.