Flame Scallops

karak40

Hello:
I Just purchased 2 Flame Scallops from Salwaterfish.com Yesterday and Today I noticed that by cleaner shrimp cleaned them out!!! I would probably say that 80% of saltwater tanks have cleaner shrimps in them.. Why wouldnt they state on the site that Flame Scallops shouldnt be used in tanks with cleaner shrimps in them?? Has this happened to anyone else??
Tank Specs:
275 Gallon Flat Back Hex Room Divider
Thanks

alyssia

If the shrimp cleaned them out they are dead. Flame scallops are extremely hard to keep.When I first started I bought one that died the same day. I haven't heard of ANYONE having success with them.

phoenixfla

I have a cleaner shrimp and a electric flame scallop and the shrimp has never bother it. I agree that the scallops were probably dead before the shrimp started munching.
I have had my flame scallop for probably 6 months and he is still doing good. I dont know why he is doing so well when so many other people have had no luck. I do add phytoplankton once or twice a week and my tank is mature (7 years old). Other than that I do not do anything else for the scallop.

johnzo

Yep...my guess they were dead when you got them......I have Cleaner shrimp and had my electric flames for about 8 months... doing great.

fisherson

one of the LFS's have one in there tank and it's still alive so i figured it was hardy...not much stays alive there... :mad:

matty0h_52

Originally Posted by Johnzo
Yep...my guess they were dead when you got them......I have Cleaner shrimp and had my electric flames for about 8 months... doing great.
Agreed probley didnt like being bounced around in a bag