Flame vs. Lemonpeel Angel?

disgusted

Hmm...ok well the lfs that I frequent says they are not reef safe. Keep asking here and see what you get! Everyone has different opinions.

nm reef

In a small display I would not take the risk of mixing dwarf angels. Chances are they would definitely fight. Plus...both are considered "reef safe" but they have a reputation for nipping corals and should be watched for problems. They could be mixed but not in a small display.

friction32

I don't mean to jump on anyone's thread but since we are on the topic if you were to decide to keep a drawf angel in a reef and started noticing it nipping at corals what would be the recommended thing to do? Remove it?
Thanks

nm reef

Yup...remove it would be my choice...or you could leave it and allow the corals to be removed.:rolleyes:

I have tried 3 dwarfs, flame angle, bi-color, and coral beauty. The tank is a 150 gallon reef, with pleanty of hiding spots. The coral beauty is very easy to keep, the flame angle next the bi-color and lemon peels are nasty. They are hard to keep with others, especially all 3 together. By themselves they are O.K. I would not mix them.

jdogg2432

I had a lemonpeel in my 55 gallon reef and he wiped out every mushroom that I had, but that was the risk that I understood and took.

mr. tuna

I have heard that lemonpeel angels can nip at clam mantles,
and pick on LPS polyps. I have a flame and a coral beauty in a 92, with lots of LR, and coral, but those are the only angels i can trust. JMO
Good LUck!
:) :D
Adam__

h2oengr

My vote is for the flame, but the wife wants a lemonpeel . .. you know already who is going to win . . . :rolleyes: