Flashing tile fish question

mrtgman

Has anyone here ever seen one or had one? I used to have a fish years ago that the LFS called a flashing goby. He was the coolest thing! He would flash every color in the rainbow almost instantly! I have asked around at the LFS and no one has a clue what I am talking about. After doing some research on the net I think he was a flashing tilefish. I have not seen them for sale anywhere. Am I correct with the species or was he something else? I would love to get another one now that I am older and wiser:rolleyes:

otradnoje

www.exoticfish.com and www.marinedepotlive.com (pretty sure)have them.
Try www.***********.com too.
They're kinda expensive 40+
I like the purple tilefish myself ^__^
edit: You should call them to make sure they have what you want in stock, I called them today to order a Sunburst Anthias and a Canary blenny and they were sold out.
I think all fish sites should be like SWF and have some sort of 'available' status so you know if a fish is sold out or not.

tommygun714

Wow, it came up on a search on a search result. Holy cow!!!!! Well maybe he had a really tough time finding one.
LMAO..
I'll pay better attention.

aquarian

I had three of these together in a reef tank of mine. They are a community fish and do not do well alone. Like the Purpl tilefish, you must keep at least three of these together to have luck with them. Mine did great in my tank. Unfortuneately my roomate turned the AC off when it was over 100 out one afternoon and cooked my reeftank. I lost everything in it. The flashing Tilefish along with it. Hoplolatilus chlupatai. They are very laid back fish. I had them for over six months before the disaster. When they are scared or excited or super happy they flash. Otherwise they are a very bright blue color with yellow edging on the fins. Very striking fish. Would definitely recommend them to experienced reefers.