Flat out, isn't this just the greatest hobby?

bluemarlin

This is just the best hobby. I love coming here and reading about everyones adventure. Waiting through tank cyclings, algae blooms, leveling off stages and discussion of coral growth and fish happiness. Its just addictive!
Last night I got a bic charge out of adding carbon to one of my filters for the first time in about a year. Thats it. One little change and I got a kick out of it. My water was a little yellow and I am totally ready to get home and see the tank today!
I don't know what else to say. I just wanted to say that I love this stuff!

jacksonpt

I know exactly what you mean. Funny how a relatively simple thing like this can grab hold of you. I get so worked up sometimes when I get in one of those bad stretches... something dies or there is an algae breakout or whatever. But nothing beats the feeling of having a perfect tank!

p fish

I spend most of my day thinking about what I'm going to do to my tanks when I get home from work. You are right this is the greatest hobby and most addictive. I love it.....

mouie2003

this hobby is addictive. my mom is constantly yelling at me because when ever i go to near the aquarium store i come home with something new for my tank. i love this hobby.

blondenaso1

How about this....I came home from class today to find that one of my peppermint shrimp had molted. This is the first time I have ever seen anything like that and I had to call everyone into my room to see. It made my day!! This is the greatest hobby in the world, well this and SCUBA diving!

wildescott

I love this hobby. I had a pistol shrimp that molted about a week ago. It was cool to see his old skeleton in the tank.
I have a small 10 gal reef sitting on my counter top between the kitchen and the dining room. I see it when I first come in the door at night and it always great to come home and see that tank first.
By the way, I am excited about a trip to the two excellent marine stores tonight. My birthday on Thrusday, so I am going to get myself something to celebrate it.
I will let you know what I find.

p fish

WILDESCOTT, Where in Richmond VA are the stores you visit. I come thru there on the weekends and need to know where to stop and look for stuff.....thanks

nm reef

I've got to agree that it is a great hobby!!
I just got home from work a bit ago and there was a lady here to buy one of our labrador pups......she spent nearly 30 minutes in total awe of my reef.....she says he husband "tries" to keep saltwater fish but all he does is kill the fish and grow nasty looking alge stuff!!! She was full of questions and as she left she wanted to know if she could bring her hubby over this weekend....."well sure....but I just hate showing and/or talking about my system!!!!!" Yeah RIGHT!!!! :D :cool:

fallen04

i guess i have been doing this for too long but i just dont get the enjoyment that i use to get. i think that when we move this next year i am gonna tear down my tanks and take a break maybe permanent i am not sure yet. they have become more of a chore than a joy. i will miss my snowflake that i have had for over 4 years and my green moray that i have had for more years than i can remember.

A

aguaholic

yeah this is a great hobby, but i think it could be a bad one too. If you ever spent weeks of not being able to sleep planning out you tank, you know what i mean :)

nacl-h2o

Let's see; its loads of joy, extremly addictive, very expensive, and the smallest exposure creates the best high; if it got any better, they would make it against the law.

byrself

definitely the coolest hobby, i'm going to look at buying a tank later this evening, and i can't sleep cause i'm too excited! :D
it's a 65g,... WOOHOO! :)