Flat Worm Removal

jerth6932

I have flat worms in my tank, and need to rid them...... how do ya go about that? I can't pick them out one by one..... WAY TOO MANY!!!! Are there any chemical cures, or fish/crab/shrimp cures that will rid them???? Please help me!

teen

try getting as many as you can with a turkey baster. i have the same problem, i think im going to try flatworm exit, but im not sure if its reef safe.

volcom69

Yes get flatworm exit and watch them die and pick them out lol. Yes its reef safe i use it on all my new corals when i get them just to make sure.

tat2d

Yellow coris wrasse. I had flatworms in my 18 gal. this thing cleaned em out in a day......I kid you not. It spends all day poking around the tank looking for food. Awesome addition to a reef IMO. Oh yeah, you can also use a hose at waterchange time to suck out the ones on the glass.
HTH,
Bobby

T

thomas712

If you use flatworm Exit then be ready.
Have a good 30% water change ready.
Use a cansiter filter loaded with carbon.
Use a polyfilter (you will need it) definatly worth it.

teen

are there any fish for a 30 gallon tank that will eat flatworms? sry to hijack ur thread

T

thomas712

The answer is strickly hit and miss there, they have said that 6 line wrasse and some (very special) mandarins will eat them. I've had both and never saw them eat them, nor did I see my population go down. But there is something that is difficult to keep that will eat them. The Blue Velvet nudibranch. Here is one I used to keep.

teen

will a six line or a dottyback be cramped in my 30 gallon tank? its a 30 gallon long with about 40lbs of live rock.

fernando s

the best that we have seeen are arrow crabs. anything above 150 gallons it is safe to have 2. But there is that small possibility that they can kill each other. Good size to have 2 arrow crabs range from 150 and larger. Anything smaller you risk it that they might kill each other.
:notsure:

teen

i was looking at an arrow crab, but they say they need large tanks, so that ruled him out of my tank.