Flat worms in my refugium!

ebob954

Hi there. I think i have flat worms in my refugium. im not so sure what they look like but they are clear and they are shaped like a raindrop kind of. How do i get rid of them. Can i put a couple of nudibranches in there. Also will they eventually get into my tank. Thank you

Please say it ain't so! Yes they will get into your main tank! I absolutley hate these mother _____! The only way to rid of them is to keep your h2o absolutley perfect(zero nitrates) and hope they die from starvation! I actually bought a huge skimmer as I was afraid of usuing flatworm exit as a last resort. My Sixline wrasse helped but they just grew faster than his appitite so i went overboard and did religous water changes and kept feeding to a minimum. Now thank God they are almost gone. I've read and read about them and have found no answeres to the problem so I had to go about it myself and have found the cleaner the water the fewer of these ugly ____ I've had! On a lighter note my coral look absolutley wonderful now as i hope they do after dumping over a grand in filtration for a 29 gallon reef tank! Yes I hate flatworms that much!

cranberry

I never mess with my flatworms. I've had them EVERYWHERE but let them burn themselves out population wise. Alot of them actually eat copepods, so simply reducing your nitrates and improving your water quality does not ensure you will get rid of them. It helps, because they also eat the muck in your tank, but a perfectly clean tank, with a good population of copepods, can have flatworms.

ebob954

I hate these things too. I think they ate all my copepds in my refugium. My nitrate is at 0. I do a 10% water change weekly. Why do they come. I had huge copepods now they are gone.