Flea/bug bombing the house

oceankid

I'm planning to bomb the house, but I have no idea what to do with my tank. Does covering it with thick blanket would be fine?

fishtaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanKid http:///forum/thread/380789/flea-bug-bombing-the-house#post_3314740
I'm planning to bomb the house, but I have no idea what to do with my tank. Does covering it with thick blanket would be fine?
I think your going to have to find something to seal off your tank that won't allow the pesticide to pass through, those bombs are pretty nasty. I would not trust just using a blanket and I don't know if I would even trust plastic. I had to flea-bomb a rental house I owned and it took a while after those bombs stopped and I opened the windows before you could go back in.
Fishtaco

2quills

I think you could trust a good plastic sheeting as long as you could completely cover the top of the tank and tape it in order to completely seal it. Then maybe toss a blanket over that so that you don't get the residue on the plastic which could cause some transere when you take it off the top of the tank.
Just a thought.

meowzer

I bought a powder from the vet for the fleas, and a pump spray for the pets (and furniture if needed), and I use that 30 day stuff on all the animals
I use nothing that is airborne....and I RARELY have an issue
I also have an exterminator that comes quarterly.....living in the country we get some WEIRD bugs around here LOL

gemmy

You can also put a flea collar in your vacuum. This way when you vacuum if you suck up any fleas they will be killed.

mylady

Well, fleas are my specialty LOL.
OK, I wouldn't put a flea collar in the vacuum cleaner because when you turn it on the checicals from the flea collar go into the air and you don't want to be breathing that stuff in.
There is a powder called Flea Busters that you can sprinkle along baseboards and in the crevices of your floors. It's safer than table salt and is a desicant. One application is good for a year.
Capstar, fabulous product. It's a pill that will start killing fleas in 30 minutes and continue killing for 24 hours. It gives your pet almost immediate relief. Then I would add a topical such as Frontline or Advantag/Advantix. Stay away from knock offs that were never sold through vets.
You can also give your pets Flea Treats. They are a yummy (to pets) chewable treat that boosts their vitamin B12 which fleas don't seem to like.
All in all, this should take care of any flea problem you may have.

oceankid

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLady http:///forum/thread/380789/flea-bug-bombing-the-house#post_3315864
Well, fleas are my specialty LOL.
OK, I wouldn't put a flea collar in the vacuum cleaner because when you turn it on the checicals from the flea collar go into the air and you don't want to be breathing that stuff in.
There is a powder called Flea Busters that you can sprinkle along baseboards and in the crevices of your floors. It's safer than table salt and is a desicant. One application is good for a year.

Capstar, fabulous product. It's a pill that will start killing fleas in 30 minutes and continue killing for 24 hours. It gives your pet almost immediate relief. Then I would add a topical such as Frontline or Advantag/Advantix. Stay away from knock offs that were never sold through vets.
You can also give your pets Flea Treats. They are a yummy (to pets) chewable treat that boosts their vitamin B12 which fleas don't seem to like.
All in all, this should take care of any flea problem you may have.
Wow! I would like to try it!

robertmathern

If not I have bombed my huse just keep the bomb as far away from the tank as you can and a thick blanket is fine I had no problem when I did it with my 55 gal and I just did it again about 3 months ago.