flooding from the tropical storm gustav

michaeltx

here are a few more pictures from this area from the storm its finally moved north and east. and we are clearingup now.
Mike

michaeltx

yeah its a dog that was on a railroad tie that was floating They brought it in the house after they took in it in the house and called the humane society to help find the owners of the dog.
mike

hlcroghan

It sure does look like a dog or something. That is so scary. Totally why I don't want to live in an area that is prone to flood or tornadoes or anything. Nice safe Phoenix........yeah it's 115 for 3 months but my house is safe. I am so scared for all these people and feel so bad that they have to deal with this again.

michaeltx

we arent prone to flooding but when you get 11+ inches of rain over a short period of time no matter where you live its going to flood. These are areas that I cant ever remember flooding EVER that are now under water. I think its actually worse than the first part of the year with all the flooding we had. still today there are 70,000 people without electric and many roads are closed still from wash out or still under water.
Mike

sepulatian

Originally Posted by hlcroghan
http:///forum/post/2746463
It sure does look like a dog or something. That is so scary. Totally why I don't want to live in an area that is prone to flood or tornadoes or anything. Nice safe Phoenix........yeah it's 115 for 3 months but my house is safe. I am so scared for all these people and feel so bad that they have to deal with this again.
Yep, that is what I like about NY. It may get cold in the winter but we rarely get bad storms.

sepulatian

on the right side menu find 67/167 flooding and click on it to bring up the news cast
Was that there before and I am just blind? LOL
I am glad that the water is starting to recede.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
We got 20 plus inches of Fay. A lot of flooding, closed roads, etc. Fortunately, I live at the top of the hill.

sepulatian

Originally Posted by Beth
http:///forum/post/2746585
We got 20 plus inches of Fay. A lot of flooding, closed roads, etc. Fortunately, I live at the top of the hill.
I am glad that you and your family were safe Beth! My sister lives in Florida, but further up. Daytona.
To everyone that lives in the path of these storms, may I ask why? Is it that great there during non storm seasons? I am sorry if this question is ignorant. MichaelTX has storms all of the time in AR, Louisiana gets hit hard. The gulf states and the lower east coast get hit hard by storms. I am sincerely curious. Is it worth it?
Maybe people say the same thing about the north and the cold. I have not seen a Blizzard ever. I have heard stories, when I was a kid, about snow reaching the roof of houses. Where I am, the storms don't hit hard. We get snow. Last year our school used four of the eight alloted snow days. Two of them were warnings and the snow didn't come until late at night.
You all must like it if you stay in these storm prone regions.

digitydash

Yea fay was pretty bad around here with flooding to.Also spawned a couple tornadoes here.Now we got IKE barreling down on us.It is starting to resemble 2004 all over.

michaeltx

yeah the flooding in Fl was wicked I am sure I hope IKE takes a a turn out to sea though and HANNA too!!!
Yeah the three balls were a softball and a baseball with a hail ball in the middle of them them ill do some damage when they hit!!!!!!
Mike

luca brasi

Originally Posted by MichaelTX
http:///forum/post/2747050
yeah the flooding in Fl was wicked I am sure I hope IKE takes a a turn out to sea though and HANNA too!!!
Yeah the three balls were a softball and a baseball with a hail ball in the middle of them them
ill do some damage when they hit!!!!!!

Mike
yeah, probably instant death!

beth

Administrator
Staff member
And now Ike....all my family and friends live in the Keys. Another hair raising weekend for me and mine.
Utah is looking so good to me.

bigarn

we're getting ready for the effects of hanna tomorrow. this doesn't happen very often in jersey, so we'll see what happens. could be very interesting!

michaeltx

Originally Posted by Beth
http:///forum/post/2747609
And now Ike....all my family and friends live in the Keys. Another hair raising weekend for me and mine.
Utah is looking so good to me.
hope everything goes well for everyone.
they said onthe news here that 5 days out there is an error +/- of 500-700 miles which means it still has new orleans in its site and the trough would pull it up just like gustav...
This has proven to be one bad Year in the weather department for alot of people!!!!!!!!!!!
stay safe!!
Mike

stdreb27

Originally Posted by bigarn
http:///forum/post/2747628
we're getting ready for the effects of hanna tomorrow. this doesn't happen very often in jersey, so we'll see what happens. could be very interesting!
Don't get too worked up it is going to be some rain and get a little windy. Just think in houston 10-15 inches of rain in a day and high winds is something that happens several times a year. We don't even need a hurricane.