florida condi

christina

My florida condi shrivled up day before yesterday and appears to be dead. His stomach is inside out. What could have caused this and is there any way he could go back to normal? Thanks

christina

We just put new, brighter lights in. Could it have died because of bad lightening. We have several spider anemones and they appear to be doing fine.

pontius

do you feed him also? I feed mine frozen brine and mysis about once a week. is he up close to the top of the tank? mine occasionally wonders around, but seems to like it up high the best.

christina

We feed him frozen shrimp and flakes. he ate both and seemed fine untill recently. We've had him about a month. We have a very tall tank so he stays towards the bottom. We have rocks the bottom third of the tank, and he moved around the rocks alot, untill he would find a spot he was content with and he would stay in one spot about a week.

snipe

If he is dead take him out "if" not he can poison your water killing everything! :eek: . My awnser is to young of a tank and lighting may of been a isue. How tall is your tank how many watts of light do you have and how far up the tank can he go?

snipe

You should take him out as soon as he is gone other wise he will let out toxins when he starts to decay. I dont know what exactly dose it but it is like a cucumber "they can release there stomache when threatend and kill everything it will also happen when they die."