Florida Marine Society, Guest speaker,Julian Sprung

plum70rt

Im going to my first meeting on 1/21, at the Fishing hall of fame, in Ft lauderdale, Julian Sprung is the Guest speaker, if you could ask him one question about reefs what would it be? I have so many , so lets get one good general one that I can ask him:)

plum70rt

ok does anyone know who Julian Sprung is? maybe I should of labled this thread FREE BEER, or better yet Free Milk and cookies,:rolleyes:

jumpfrog

Plum: I have a thought on this. One of the areas that's getting a lot of press lately is the efficacy of garlic and it's affect on parasites. Yet, no one is conducting a scientific study to determine if there is any relationship to garlic therapy and parasite reduction. As he has a lot of clout in marine circles, I'd be curious if he has asked anyone to look into it.
Many advocate QT to reduce/eliminate this pest to the hobby. Still many don't do it. Copper and Hypo don't work in reefs and catching fish to move them is often da$n near impossible. We'd all love a silver bullet.
My input. Thanks for asking and I wish I was going. Planning on Indianapolis in September though.
Cheers:)