Flow Ideas? Aquascape Ideas? Do I just need a bigger tank?

38 gallon reef 20 gallon sump, 14 months old, broken heater had tank at 86 for a week or two b4 i caught it...that was 3 months ago...very bad but rebounding quite well. Have a wee bit of hair algae from overfeeding the corals I think. BTW I know there are two bleached corals (frogspawn and small candycane) but the frog is bouncing back and the cane is about to get tossed I think. I have two MaxiJets (one on each side cant remember output but not the low ones) and a big Koralia on upper right (see pic.) Anyways I have 80+lbs of LR in a 38, but quality was excellent and a hookup so I have it crammed in there.

My protein skimmer is a dual needle for a 90-120 gallon, so thats good. However, suddenly I am just getting this sediment. I think some diatoms too.
Right side (note sediment)

Left side (note sediment)

Right side

I was expecting nitrates and nutrients to be high b/c I have some hair algae for the first time. I just came back from LFS and he said water tested "great" EVERYTHING WNL. I have even resorted to running carbon hang-on again. One thing I think I might need is one of these "socks." But, since I custom-built my sump I would have to custom-fit one of there socks, which I would like to avoid. I have been toothbrushing and hosing off this stuff and just hoping it will help.
So,
#1 Rearrange LR? Powerheads? The left corner is kind of piled up. But where to put it?

#2 Is there a fish that will eat this stuff? Would a lawnmower blenny mix with my sand-sifter goby and watchman goby?
#3 Do you like the aquascape? If not, what would you change?
#4 Do I just need a bigger tank?

M

mr.reef

get a bigger tank its worth it.. i went from a 25g to a 90g and now a 125g all in three years it so worth it.. i am in love with it..

any flow recommendations...my buddy says I need to get some from the bottom up flow...he says without a wave timer best to just put all the pumps on one side, just put the right maxijet horizontal in lower left corner angled up at 45 degrees...leave the left where it is and move korillia to the left...
more help please