Flow question!?

a7xsynx42

Hi I was looking into getting 2 #2 Koralia powerheads (600gph each) in my 45ish gallon tank (48 x 12.5 x 18). I plan on keeping a variety of Medium flow corals. Possibly stronger flow corals. Does that sound like enough flow? My cannister filter has a really strong flow also (Fluval 305). And where should I place them? I was thinking either of these places.. (Sorry for my caveman painting!)

deejeff442

i would get 2 #3 koralias ,dont let the flow number fool you .koralia disperse flow in all direction as to a rio which is straight out.
i like the top pic.

coralreefer

vortechs do an excellent job in creating all-around flow in the tank. an MP20 would be more than enough flow for your tank

I have two number 2's in my 46g setup similar to how you have the lower diagram. I find that bouncing the two flows off the front glass provides for nice random movement in my tank.

I have my 75 gallon set up like the second pic with 2 koralia 3's and it is plenty of flow for me, so the #2's would probably do good for you. I also like the flow going off the front of the tank.

canareef

I have 2 #2's in my 33G and that gives me really good flow I aim one near the water surface for agitation because I'm running a canister and you'll get a SKUM build up on top of the water if you don't. The other I bounce off of the glass and that gives a good random movement through the rest of the tank. I would buy a 3 first put it in and see how it works then decide if you need another #3 or #2.