Flow Rate for nano?

no_wedge

I have a 24g AP and have two pumps pushing 240gph each on one side, and was wondering if this would be enough flow for corals and such that require higher water flow

joncat24

A koralia #1 would be a good add. I used one in my 24 aquapod and it was really nice. They have a nice flow pattern and dont heat up the tank like some other pumps. I mounted mine to the back wall about halfway up and it did a nice job.
You usually aim for 50x turnover with sps corals. The more the merrier with flow and sps.

no_wedge

i've heard of AP with a koraline 2 with the 600gph, is that a little excessive? I do plan on having a few fish.

bmkj02

Yeah I would have to agree with the 10 x gallons is not really correct IMO. I have a 120g with a 2200 pump and thats no where close to what I need but thats a project that I am still working on and have no live stock in it yet. I also have a 24g AP. I put in a 600 Maxi jet and that wasnt enough. I then tried a 1200 maxi jet and not really enough. I started get that green and red slim cause of dead spots and my corals just wasnt looking good. I went back and placed the Maxi-jet 600 but put the upgrade kit that boosted it up to about 1600gph. That did the job. Corals are looking great and fish love to swim and play in its current
Im not saying Coralreefer is wrong. This is just my opinion.

coralreefer

ah oh well. that general rule of thumb works for me well in my 75. i use that and keep the more flow demanding corals,

coralreefer

ah oh well. that general rule of thumb works for me well in my 75. i use that and keep the more flow demanding corals, like sps

shrimpi

I have a ap24 and all I have is a quiet one 1200 in the back attached to a spray bar and a Koralia nano in the display. I had two koralia nanos in the display but my mushrooms were getting a tiny bit too much flow.
heres a crude top down sketch of how mine is setup

and I take the worst FTS known to man, I just cant get the color right, but heres a pic so you can see the type of stuff in my tank. The koralia nano on the left is unplugged right now. And the carpet anemone outgrew the tank since then so hes no longer there.

Good Luck
Jess