flow rates?

fishman122

i recently put together(not running yet) a sump with a 29 tank and plumbed it with 1" pvc, i have 2 1" lines(lines are tied together with T's and one of the lines has a ball valve on it) siphoning out of the tank to the sump, does anyone have an idea of how much this will flow, i was wanting to know so i i can size a pump for it, i have a mag 7, dolphin dp900(900gph), and a little giant 4mdqsc on hand already.

fishman122

the water drops roughly 3 feet, i did some experimenting this morning, and the 2 1" siphons pull more than the mag 7 can pump to the aquarium(at about 4 to 4 1/2 ft of head), i also tried dolphin dp900 which kept up fairly well but was to much pressure going back into the tank in my opinion, would anyone recommend T-ing" off the outlet going back into the tank and have multiple return points?

sign guy

Originally Posted by fishman122
the water drops roughly 3 feet, i did some experimenting this morning, and the 2 1" siphons pull more than the mag 7 can pump to the aquarium(at about 4 to 4 1/2 ft of head), i also tried dolphin dp900 which kept up fairly well but was to much pressure going back into the tank in my opinion, would anyone recommend T-ing" off the outlet going back into the tank and have multiple return points?
absulutly t it off you will get better diplacement